Part Time Bartender
This course is designed for first timers, but works just as well for bar staff who are looking to bolster their tips or advance their careers.
In a city that is renowned for its bar culture, you will gain a hands on experience in a real working environment, learning the skills required to provide first class service in any bar in the world.
Duration: 6 weeks
Time: Monday & Wednesday from 7pm to 9:30pm
Cost: €749 (deposit €200)
Full payment will be required on the first day of your course.
Any further course questions please contact:[email protected]
- Advanced Mixology – Classic and modern cocktails, mixing techniques, understanding balance and formulas, choosing glassware, tools of the trade and garnishing.
- Working Flair - Step behind any bar with confidence and style.
- Customer Service -Bolster your tips and improve customer experience at the same time.
- Irish Craft Beer Tasting – Draught & Cellar Management. How to change a keg, rotate stock and pour the perfect pint.
- Responsible Service of Alcohol.
- Free pouring skills - Pour a consistent 30ml of spirits every time, without messing around with a measure.
- Advanced Spirits & Liqueurs - Learn the history and production method behind all the major categories.
- Infusions – Learn the best methods for flavouring spirits and syrups.
- Whiskey Masterclass - Learn from John Moriarty, Whiskey Professor and Bar Manager at the Park Hotel, Kenmare.
- Barista Workshop – An introduction to espresso, different styles of coffee, milk frothing and latte art.
- Understanding Wine – Learn about grape varieties, serving and production techniques.
Leaving his native Sweden, Richard has travelled the world in pursuit of bar and hospitality expertise. From the UK, where he spent five years in the Chewton Glen five star resort that is consistently voted in the top hotels in the world, to Thailand where he worked as the Head Instructor at the European Bartending School. On these shores, Richard trained for three years under our celebrity hotelier Francis Brennan at The Park Hotel Kenmare, as well as being restaurant and bar manager at the Michelin Star Cliff House Hotel.
Hugo has worked the Dublin restaurant and bar scene for seven years. When he is not frequenting Dublin’s latest hot spot, Hugo winters in the Alps, shaking and stirring at the most exclusive apres-ski bars.
A product of of the Dublin Bar Academy, Lorcan was a student on our very first course in 2012. Having spent five years working in traditional pubs around the city, Lorcan worked in Fade Street Social before joining our team in 2015. At weekends, he can be found mixing it up in Opium on Camden Street.
The course has a perfect structure to kickstart a bartender's carreer. Tons of bar practice and a solid background on the most important things in our industry: classic & modern cocktails, liqueurs, wine & craft beer. Add in all the master classes from amazing experts, and you got an outstanding bartender course
Santiago Michelis, Part Time Bartender Course, May 2015
Just completed my Part Time Course and while it was a lot of work I loved it! Thanks to Calum, Stevie and Richard for all their tutoring and advice!
Edelle McCrudden, Part Time Bartender Course, January 2016
Part Time Course. Excellent course for anyone! Whether you want to improve your skills in the bar, get started in the industry, or simply want to have fun and learn so much about everything in the industry in the process, i.e get to really know your spirits and cocktails. I would highly recommend! The DBA team are true pro's and know the industry inside-out. Thanks guys!
Niall Morrisson, Part Time Bartender Course January 2016
We’ve got the perfect course for youFind a course
Dublin Bar Academy is fully accredited with the European Bartender School
Supported by Vanguard Beer Collective. The one stop shop for Irish Craft Beer